Posted by Caroline
One of my favorite things about story games is sharing them with strangers. It’s the main reason I look forward to playing Games on Demand at PAX. It’s amazing how creative and friendly people are during con play, and how quickly we go from feeling like strangers to feeling like co-conspirators, making something awesome together.
Oh and the added bonus was that Downfall was super popular–14 games played in total!
I ran three sessions of Downfall during the con, and had a fantastic time with each of them. Here’s a brief run-down of my games.
Continue reading Curiosity killed the dog and other games: Downfall at PAX 2016
I’m so excited to announce that Downfall received the Indie Groundbreaker Award for Best Setting this week at GenCon! Wahoo!
To me, the award being given to Downfall highlights that it’s players that bring worlds to life. After all, I didn’t make the setting, you do that every time you play. Because, really, Downfall’s setting is created each game—by the players at the table. So this award goes out to all you gamers! Keep making those awesome worlds. <3
Head over to IGDN to see the complete list of winners! And congratulations one and all!
Downfall has created quite a splash since its release earlier this year!
First off, the game was nominated to be 2015 Golden Geek RPG of the Year! This award, bestowed by the well-known gaming website RPG Geek, is part of their 10th Annual Golden Geek Awards. We’re honored to be nominated alongside so many other great titles from the past year.
In other news:
If you don’t have a copy of Downfall yet, you can buy a PDF or print copy right here on our website!
Caroline’s game Downfall has received a lot of buzz. Check it out!
- We funded Downfall through Kickstarter, so the Kickstarter page for Downfall has a lot of information and comments about the game, as well as an actual play video.
- Contessa, a site that promotes women in gaming, interviewed Caroline.
- Gaming As Women, another site dedicated to women and tabletop games, also interviewed Caroline.
- BigThink mentioned Downfall in two articles: this piece about Dungeons and Dragons, and this piece about analog pastimes.
- Sam Kabo Ashwell wrote a review of Downfall in his blog These Heterogenous Tasks.
- Phil of Tales of a GM recommended Downfall as a great game for world creation.
- Downfall was talked about in a couple gaming podcasts: Game Store Prophets #106, and Gamepunting #67.
- Same Room Gaming did an interview with Caroline about the game.
- The blog Super November Gaming by Tomer Gurantz has a short post on Downfall.
- Blue’s Blog offers a nice review of Downfall.
- Ben Robbins, author of the blog ars ludi, wrote a short post about his participation in the actual play video we made for the Kickstarter site.
- Downfall was also played on the Play Better Podcast, in episodes 84 and 85. They even did an interview of Caroline!
Downfall is available now in PDF and print!